OT: Email on a Samsung S5

Decided it was time I arranged to access my emails via my phone. It's a PAYG, so will only do this when I have a Wi-Fi connection, which is fine for me.

I have basically two email accounts. My BT one which I hardly ever use the POP side on - but do use the SMTP side for sending.

The BT one was easy to set up on the phone and works.

My other ones is my own pop box at 123-reg

As well as the @davesound email address it has what this ancient email prog I use here calls a 'remote user' as well as the normal password and server.

On this email prog I'm getting the details from on this computer, with the BT settings, the 'remote user' is the same as the email address. But different with the 123-reg one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So I was asking for help from someone who'd had the same problem. Obviously not you.

Bit of a dog, is it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Last BT accounts I have dealt with have actually been Microsoft 365 rebranded. Dead simple and user name same as email. Usually pretty much autoconfigure.

But there is no need whatsoever for that to be the case. Simply make sure you enter the email address in the email box and the user in the user box - or whatever the thing is called in your software.

Most hosting companies have a page of connection details. You might need to check a number of settings including port.

Reply to
polygonum