OT: Compatible printer cartridges

I've used Canon ink cartridges in my MG6250 since new, but now it's out of warranty I'm going to have a look at saving some cash by using compatible cartridges.

Anyone able to recommend a brand and/or supplier?

Can't say I have wide experience, but I've used

with no problems for a couple of years now with no problems. I am not affiliated etc etc.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Last time I used a canon inkjet I found the carts lasted years, just kept refilling them.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

refilling them.

Canon have used both cartridges that contain a print head, which can generally be refilled, and simple ink tanks, for which third party manufactured compatible replacement cartridges are commonly available.

This printer uses PGI and CLI cartridges. With Canon cartridges, the I at the end indicates that they are simple ink tanks.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

When I was in the business, I used to sell G & G compatible ink cartridges and InkTec cartridge refill kits, as IMO they were the most reliable. The business I sold, when I retired a couple of years ago, still sells both:

tells me that he has the cartridges for your printer in stock, but I couldn't find them on his web site, so you will need to give him a ring or send an email for prices.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I've found these guys cheap and reliable on Canon compatibles:

mike

Buy a chip resetter for your CLI-526 cartridges and then ink from

refill your Original Cannon cartridges.

Consensus on

that compatible carts and ink is a sure way to kill a Cannon print head.

-
Reply to
Mark

Just get them refilled at "Cartridge World" or one of the similar shops. Been OK with me.

Reply to
harry

refilling them.

yes, I've refiled both types for years before any degradation became visible, using random 3rd party inks.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reply to
Pete Shew

The problem with some of these Canon printers like the poxy MG6150 one we've got is that the carts are TOO SMALL !, they hardly hold any ink and therefore don't last the proverbial 5 minutes.

On the old HP Pro k8600 I've got whatever else it might do like pick up more then the one sheet of paper at a time, its very easy going on Ink consumption because the ink tanks are larger .. simple as that!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check them out.

The suggestions at

are new to me. Anyone else come across anything similar?