OT: CO2/Km

who said anything about petrol, or mpg?

we are talking C02 efficiency,.

Prius is easy to beat.

Indeed. thats 1.8 liter diesel in biggish car territory. Top of 70mpg is possible in smaller ones.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is utterly a function of the population density and energy use of the population.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Greenwashed ecobollox.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Funny. My jaguar was just like that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Gee, thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious.

If I really have to spell it out, "For the foreseeable future of the UK population and energy usage patterns, log burning... "

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Thing is very few have 20 grand to spend on what is essentially a town car

- that sort of money buys a car which has plenty of performance for other uses and not a great deal less economical in town.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thought only dribble snipped stuff without reading it...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

SOH failure?

My point being just switch the engine off in traffic jams. Instant zero fuel consumption.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you try that trick in start stop traffic you'll likely end up with a flat battery. And most will only consider doing it after the traffic has been stationary for quite a while - if even then. Van and truck drivers never.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

I wonder if that news has reached BMW yet. :-)

Reply to
Roger

They've been designed for the job. Bigger alternator and starter. Attention paid to making them start easily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hybrid is coming.

Vortex3