OT: Citylink Couriers

Parcel Force are like rilly, rilly good tho.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If Parcelfarce fail to deliver here they don't take it back to the depot (in Nuneaton I think) they drop it at the local royal mail delivery office so I can collect it. Its only about 1.5 mile so relatively painless. They also open at 7:00 so people can collect before going to work.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Yup, same here, even better the local delivery office for the village is also the village post office, and we live opposite the PO

Reply to
chris French

Very similar to UPS - my parcel is 'scanned in' but I can't collect it because at any one time, they don't know where it is.

I have to do a reality check every time I use these couriers (UPS, Citylink etc) - they seem to have the most disorganised method of delivering things, and expect me to be at home for 10 hours waiting. Much prefer PO/Parcelforce, when I just collect from my local little post office if I miss the postie.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Why do I bother?

(Off to write a slrn rule that kills all threads with "[Cc]ourier" in the title.

Reply to
Huge

Those Kuriers are bastards too.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No it won't. I tell them to deliver to my local PO which is a pleasant stroll through the village.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Absolutely hopeless here.

I'm waiting for a tumble dryer. It should have been delivered a week ago. Citylink said five days ago that it had been misdirected to one of their depots. Since then: silence. No help. No idea where it is. No idea if/when it will be delivered!

They're by far the best around here. Greeted by name and with a smile. Stuff arrives on time too.

Unlike sh*ttylink.

Same experience here. Shittylink live up to both usages of their name. Their service is s**te and they only deliver in cities. Out here in the countryside they refuse to deliver and make stupid claims like "your postcode is not on satnav" which is a lie. Then they insist that I drive

24 miles to collect the parcel from their depot.

Also the single most abusive parcel delivery service in the UK.

Lynx are marginally worse mostly because the experience I have with them is that they rob items from consignments and deliberately damage them. Then of course they lie through their teeth about what happened.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes on the occasions I've used them Parcel farce have been very good:)..

Reply to
tony sayer

one disclosure that makes it easy to understand what is going on.

My courier would provide info if she had it. At our most recent meal, she said, it's pointless for me to tell you anything, because it changes daily. They really don't have a set plan with regard to many of the details. It is a continuously evolving plan

Reply to
Ala

Thanks! I am going to have some terrific memories of a most wonderful week courtesy of referenced people!

Reply to
Ala