anyone know of Standex "woodside" fireplace (2024 Update)

My home is about 25 years old and it has a factory fireplace in it. The id plate says it is a Standex "woodside" zero clearance fireplace, model # W36. I am trying to find information about it on the web and can't find anything. It is made by Standex Energy Systems of Detroit Lakes, Michigan.

We have never used this fireplace in the 8 years we have been in this house. Right now, it has a gas log set installed in it, and I want to take that out so I can burn wood in it, but I would like to learn more about this fp before I light a fire in it.

I have found zilch on the internet about Standex Energy Systems. Standex.com seems like it may be a parent company but their website doesn't mention fireplaces at all.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Blaine

Reply to
byoung

byoung, I also have one of these fireplaces. Did you ever get any info on them. It appears they are no longer in business.

Thanks, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

I have one also. The company went out of business about 15 years ago or more. I am having problems with mine and I am about reday to take it out.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mercier

replying to byoung, WaltK wrote: Having been the Plant Manager when Woodside was made in Medina, OH. I can only tell you, this. Being it is gas, you would need to be sure there is a Class double wall vent pipe installed. If it is only a class B Vent you can only use gas and no solid fuel. Does this help.?

Reply to
WaltK

It's "Type B" not "Class B" but I'll let it slide since you said you were management.

Reply to
Jose

Do you REALLY think that "byoung" has been hanging around *eleven years* for your response?

homeownersFLub strikes again. That forum needs a bright red popup that says "Read The Dates!"

Reply to
Sam Hill

replying to Jose, Breeze B. wrote: I have this wood burning style insert fireplace W136 model. Been working well for 30 years. Its a Welenco Zero-clearance brand out of Lewiston, ID. You can find them online.

Reply to
Breeze B.

I have one too and can’t find a thing

Thanks,

Jessica

Reply to
Natebanner

Wow WaltK; Great to find you. I need to extend a chimney (3-wall, 13") about 10-12 feet due to new construction adjacent. Do you know if perhaps there is a crossover to another maker's pipe or maybe someone has a stash?

Stephen in DC

Reply to
stephen