OT - Cash in the home

Why carry more than I need? I very rarely make special trips to the cash machine, usually I get cash-back at the supermarket, occasionally I use a cash machine I pass by anyway. I use a debit card or online credit transfer to pay for most things, most weeks the only cash I use is to pay for my morning coffee at the café. Abroad, I tend to carry more cash ?because it would be more inconvinient if the ATM failed? I tend to carry more but ?150 is about the limit.[1

[1] Well now Nationwide are as bad as all the others I may have to rethink that.
Reply to
djc

When living in Indonesia, I'd usually take a million rupiah out of the bank. The largest denomination being 20,000 Rp, it was just under an inch thick wad of notes (37,000Rp / £1)

I remember there being a stack of notes about 3m x 2m x 1m stacked in one corner of the bank once just cordoned off

The possibility of getting away with enough to make it worth stealing was so remote that they didn't even have anyone guarding it

So ... I'm a multi-millionaire, for those who don't know just not in the right currency

Reply to
geoff

In message , BartC writes

It requires forward thinking

I was in a queue at the post office behind a woman last week who bought one stamp

Reply to
geoff

Just tell him it's what his wife gave you for services rendered

Reply to
geoff

I think Zimbabwe must have one of the largest proportions of billionaires (unless they've devalued recently) of any country.

(And even I have still got some Lire 5,000 stashed away somewhere; apparently it's still worth £2 (up from £1.50 in 2008) if I travel to Italy to change it.)

Reply to
BartC

In message , BartC writes

Ah yes, That was the first time I was a millionaire, when I lived in Milan

Reply to
geoff