OT:Car dealer embarresment :(

Local dealer came to collect SWMBO motability car for a service. I mentioned the non-working electric sunscreen (it's a Citroen Grand Picasso).

Just been delivered, with a note "sunscreen working OK", which it is. However, they added "no fault found" ... had to check with SWMBO that it definitely *hasn't* worked since last August.

Conclusion ? They did *something* (if only touch the fusebox) before they checked it.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I can't see how a service procedure would 'touch' a fuse box, unless accidentally.

Its good to hear of an honest garage.

Reply to
Fredxxx

*shrug* - Motability pay ...

I only checked it at the weekend, and it didn't work ...

The irony is we never really use it anyway ;)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

For a moment with your header I thought that you knew where I was working yesterday:-)

Main Honda dealer and the lights on the display cabinet were not working (usual 12V spots above the little bits you can buy such as DVD players). The lights are usually operated by a 13A plug and socket. Info from the management told me there were two transformers and all lights stopped working at the same time. They have swapped the fuse in the plug and checked the bulbs so they called me.

30 seconds after starting work I spotted a light switch on the side of the cabinet...........
Reply to
ARW

On more than one occasion when I have been called out to repair a fridge that was not working, I've found it was very obviously unplugged. They just hated paying the call out charge.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Citreons are notorious for wiring loom intermittencies. They kind of use a lot of idc connections that seem less than reliable. The usual one is the way the door locks unlock on their own I understand. i guess its better than them refusing to unlock. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff