OT; Breeze under awning?

I've noticed during the recent muggy weather, that there seems to be more of a breeze about when sitting under the awning. A couple of customers have mentioned this as well.

The fabric slopes by 15 degrees and I'm wondering if there is any scientific reasoning behind this seemingly extra breeze, or is it just imagination?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What colour is the awning and does it feel hot? Wondered about thermal above causing airflow around the edges. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Maybe you could leverage that - our awnings come with free extra breeze ! You'd have to do some experiments in various conditions with the awning open or shut to work out if its a real effect. Some type of venturi effect ? Is there fabric to drape slightly an produce a sail profile ?

We have a nice wind tunnel between my house and the next - its a nice place to stand if you've been working in the garden on a hot day. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson