OT: Ariston Margherita 2000 instructions?

Hi all,

Following on from my "washing machine tripping RCD" thread I was chatting to a mate on the phone yesterday, mentioned our machine troubles and he offered me his old one!

It turns out it wouldn't pump out a couple of months ago so was just left full of clothes ... till I got it yesterday. :-(

Anyway I was able to open the door and put the smelly clothes in a bin bag and then their skip (his instructions). His builder was round there and we got the machine outside and drained it fully, then he chucked it in his van and dropped it round mine for me.

I checked it out in the garden before it got dark and it appeared the pump_out pump had seized or was jammed (it was warm so I knew electricity was getting to it). I couldn't unscrew the inspection cover over the pump (and nor could someone else previously by the state of it) so I removed the whole fitting and brought it indoors. It turns out there was a necklace round the impeller!

I fitted it back together and it pumped out ok. ;-)

This afternoon I've manhandled the AEG out and this Ariston in, given it a clean up and it seems ok so far (doing a test wash on my jeans as I type). I don't think it's that old and alls seems in pretty good condition, I can't find the leak he mentioned but he may have just forgotton why he took it of line.

It would appear it's a washer dryer and from the specs I've found only takes a 5.5lb load (and from memory would only dry less than that)?

Is it actually like a tumble dryer or something between a washing machine and a tumble dryer?

If anyone here has such a model:

Ariston Margherita 2000 AWD 12 Advantage (or similar)

.. and would care to offer any opinions on it and/or would be able to scan a couple of the key pages of the handbook and fwd them to me please I would be very grateful (email addy works etc).

Assuming it works it might at least give me some time to sort, or find a replacement motor for the Lavamat or decide what new model we want to replace it with .. :-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Hi I have the same washing machine, (afraid I cannot help with the handbook I cannot find it anywhere). This machine is electronically controlled, when something jams in the filter the pump stops (to protect it) and therefore as the machine is full of water it does not spin. You have to take the bottom panel off (just pulls off), undo the filter knob on the right (water will go everywhere, be prepared) put in your fingers and pull out any offending object (sometimes things like tissue, plastic (crisp packet) cotton bud etc, put back knob and try machine, usually works. If not, offending item could have gone further back down tube, you have to pull out machine and undo tube normally you find something. The machine then works. Other people have had this with this machine, it is not normally the pump or anything else and does not require an engineer, (whom may say it is more than it is if not trustworthy). For me at the moment I found your message because I have the same problem and have forgotten how to undo the knob at the bottom and cannot find my handbook, It does not just unscrew, I think you either have to press in and turn (something like a quarter turn) and pull or pull out and turn or something. So, I am stuck at the moment because I cannot budge it (I have week wrists and found it hard when I had the hand book). So if you now know how to undo it please let me know so I can get my washing done. Hope this helps....

Reply to
amy.whiter

Hi again

The knob is anti clockwise then you have to fiddle to get it off, pushing in or out, (I did this trial and error) found a plastic shirt collar stiffner and 5p. hope yours works now.

Reply to
amy.whiter