Order of work

Hi All

I'm giving the driveway & front garden a complete make over.

A new path with slabs will divide the garden from the drive. The plan is then to break up the concrete drive, dig down about 8", use some of the spoil as hardcore, compact it and lay 1 1/2" of compacted gravel on top.

The other side of the path is the garden, so the grass will be removed, earth levelled and the area gravelled over a membrane.

So, what's the best way of doing the job to avoid double handling stuff?

I'll also need to hire a breaker and a compactor and rent a skip.

So, do I break up the drive& temporarily store the spoil on the grass while I dig down & remove the earth to the skip or should I start on the garden side?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Hi.

Welcome.

What is it about your sort that has to slab over eveything it owns?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Living things make the garden so untidy ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Too true matey. Bring on the gravel....

Gardens are places to drink beer whilst barbequing food, not places to spend your time tarting about.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Rent a mini digger, tripple handeling becomes fun

Rick

Reply to
Rick