ON topic: Angry homeowner gets revenge on commuter who parked in her driveway

Hmmm, an interesting semi-legal point. Depending on how it's done there's a range of inconvenience to the malparker, from a single cone to the bag of gravel in the original photo.

Either could be moved using no particular skill or equipment to allow the car to be driven away. But at what point does the amount of material qualify it as an obstruction?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Yes

It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the

I have the old stuff.

Reply to
ARW

Where does it show the location of her house? The red marker is the station.

Reply to
Bob Martin

If you use Google StreetView you can see her house on the other side of the road to that marker. I half thought I might see a car parked on her land but there isn't one - not even in the older GSV photo.

Reply to
pamela

Serves him right. That Celica may be too expensive for a boy racer but I imagine the owner is just as arrogant and inconsiderate as any boy racer.

Reply to
pamela

posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

I see a car parked on the drive an all three streetviews!

Reply to
ARW

Right. So not many rogue parkers round your way? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Isn't her house this one on the left?

-------

Google maps link:

Article link:

Reply to
pamela

No. It's the one with the gravel driveway and and wooden fence here:-)

ARW

You're right.

I didn't notice my images had a hedge where the article's photo showed a fence. I can see I wouldn't make a very good Google Maps stalker!

Reply to
pamela

Whereas I am an excellent Google Maps stalker if I need to be.

I even noticed that one of Pounders relatives lives next door to the house in my link

A garden full of plastic animals from the Pound shop.

Reply to
ARW

What a lovely plastic flamingo. How delightful.

Not forgetting the charms of the plastic heron, plastic windmill and plastic shrunken deer. lol

I notice the neighbours seem to be enjoying themselves. It's like the third world where they grin and wave enthusiastically at passing cars.

Reply to
pamela

Looks like a front garden on a council estate. If I had relatives living on a council estate I would disown them.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Completely OT but Crowborough station used to be called Jarvis Brook. My father was born 100 yards away in Victoria Road and my grandfather was ticket collector etc at the station from the 1880s until he retired in the late 1920s.

Reply to
Bob Martin

So not exactly what you might call rocket scientist material, eh ?

Reply to
hgww

Could she not have put up a "clamping " type warning sign, got herself a wheel clamp and made a fortune - or solved her problem.

Reply to
bert

Illegal in England now...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I suspect, given the legal remedies are so poor, dogshit under the door handle is the best bet...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Expanding foam up the exhaust pipe is better.

Or just remove the car wheel nuts.

Reply to
ARW