Old fuse boxes

They were still installing stuff like that in the sixties. My fathers house had a similar arrangement. It was quite common to bridge the fuses as they were not easy to get and were expensive. The sensible people used fuse wire, others used foil or anything else that fitted. I blew the company fuse in a friends house when I tried to make an electro magnet and didn't have enough turns (well I was only seven). The circuit fuse didn't blow because it was bypassed with a nail.

Reply to
dennis

I agree that you at aged 7 could easily have made a big f*ck up and blown a fuse but you have never had a friend.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Igor! The rubber boots!

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

more at

Tony Bryer

No volts. I didn't poke it to find out of that was just the meter being broken :)

It's in a restaurant that was once a water mill, and down the hill from a fancy Château.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

> Lots more at