oil drain plug suzuki

Any idea where the oil drain plug is for the Suzuki FL125 address.

It is not obvious. or i am just not seeing it.

Tar

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Maybe it's a dry sump engine? Oil stored in separate tank, not in the sump. Common motor cycle engine practice.

Reply to
harryagain

But not that common on Japanese bikes, particularly a 125.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Any idea where the oil drain plug is for the Suzuki FL125 address.

It is not obvious. or i am just not seeing it.

2 answers....

JFGI or Post the same question (politely of course) to uk.rec.motorcycles

Reply to
Nthkentman

Definitely used on quite a number of Suzuki 2-strokes.

Reply to
polygonum

Which isn't really 'dry sump', just a seperate oil reservoir for the

2T oil as opposed to pre-mix.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

There is a Utube video showing oil draining from a bolt hole on the bottom of the LHS engine casing. (near the gear lever ).

Reply to
Arthur

Thanks for that. I would never have thought that was where it was. Youtube is wonderfull. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Gary

Just in case it helps anyone else the job of the oil change is simple but the drain plug is an odd size. not 14mm too tight.Not 15mm far too loose. 9/16 socket fitted nicely but not very tight. I would not like to use a 15mm it may damage the head. Funny how these odd sizes pop up every now and again. My friend had problems with the suspension on a ford. w reg i think.

Gary

Reply to
Gary