Odd activity between two DIY news groups?

I just posted a reply to someone with a problem in the free.uk.diy.home group and it has appeared as a subject in the uk.diy news group

Is there really any needs to have the two news groups and if so they must in some weird way be interlinked

Reply to
RonOB

er....how are they interlinked?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

The whole of that thread was cross-posted to both groups. Hence your reply appeared in both.

Need? Well both groups have posters. But uk.d-i-y gets an awful lot more posts.

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "RonOB" saying something like:

The original was cross-posted, that's why. Now you've found uk.d-i-y your life will improve immeasurably.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes I was aware of uk.diy got a new computer and searched the usenets groups for diy and at first this group didn't appear only the free.uk.diy, so I initially thought this group had changed names, then looking for another group a few days later I found this group hadn't gone after all. I do prefer this group I must say - don't know why but there we go

Ron

Reply to
RonOB

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "RonOB" saying something like:

That's normal - it's because the person who set it up used dashes, seemed like an idea at the time, I suppose. He's still around for castigation purposes.

Don't worry, you'll soon find the eejits to avoid.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon