Oak furniture

Hi all,

Any recommendations for oak furniture suppliers? Looking for some fairly contemporary (read not frilly) bits of furniture in oak - a bed, wardrobe etc. Found lots online, but a recommendation would be nice.

TIA

Reply to
Grunff

been tempted by one of those - if only I hade the storage space!)

Reply to
John Rumm

is it ?

You'd also need a Woodmizer or something to resaw them down into thicknessable boards, then you're looking at jointing up from no more than 4" wide.

It's a nice deal if you want a lot of small table legs, but not much use as flats.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They claim that they will try to bias a pack toward the dimensions that you want... however there is obviously going to be plenty of unusable stuff.

Could be also handy for producing mouldings, edgings etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

We've just recently taken delivery of a large "farmhouse styley" dining room table & chairs made from (distressed+reclaimed) French Oak (made in France). We bought it from John Lewis after many moons of searching for the right thing. Not sure what else they have in the range though.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Have a look at Hudson's of York

've never bought anything (we don't buy furniture) but I pass the large showroom often and they have some very attractive things in the window.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We bought an oak dining table, chairs and a mirror from these suppliers

I think you have to go through a retailer to buy but you can contact them to find a local supplier. Our stuff was from the cotswold range. It certainly wasn't cheap but is excellent quality and will hopefully last a very long time.

Hope this helps...

Reply to
magpie

Well, for real quality there's always

- but sit very comfortably before you look at the price lists :~)

Reply to
Andy Wade

Looking at some of the other posts I know that I could get you handmade furniture to your design for much less that you would pay for mass manufactured. I dont personally make it as I only do handmade kitchens, but I do often buy from another local cabinet maker who is geared uo for this sort of thing. As an example, a 5ft wide dresser would be in the region of =A32.5k. You can get very nice furniture a lot cheaper, but if you r considering some of the other replies the please consider this too. Give me a call is you want. Calum Sabey (Newark Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

Looking at some of the other posts I know that I could get you handmade furniture to your design for much less that you would pay for mass manufactured. I dont personally make it as I only do handmade kitchens, but I do often buy from another local cabinet maker who is geared uo for this sort of thing. As an example, a 5ft wide dresser would be in the region of =A32.5k. You can get very nice furniture a lot cheaper, but if you r considering some of the other replies the please consider this too. Give me a call is you want. Calum Sabey (Newark Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

A cabinet-maker son in law makes bespoke furniture for less than Mousie but with the same very high quality.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Just bought new table, chairs and dresser from here:

'd highly recommend them.

Chris

Reply to
Sumgod