o t ish changing gas and electric

Hi If I change my gas and electric from my two separate suppliers(Gas from Npower, Electric from Scottish Gas) to Atlantic Gas and Electric online sign, up I could save 68 pounds, but their rating in 69%. Any horror stories about them?

I just had my local supplier Scottish Hydro Electric door step salesman telling me how much I would save with them. I left them to save money. In fact just checking, it would cost me 49 pounds more if I change back to them. At least his visit made me check how much I could save.

Suggestions and comments welcome(even indecent if you are so inclined but I never check that email account)

Jackie

Reply to
Jackie

Mindwipe

I have done the online search, brought about by the doorstep muppet trying to convince me that they were cheaper than my present supplier. I LEFT the company represented by the doorstep muppet, Hydro Electric, and he was trying to tell me they were cheaper than my present supplier, the lying so & so.

I was wondering what peoples opinion were of Atlantic Gas and Electric online sign up who seem to be the cheapest deal for me. Perhaps I did not make myself clear enough in my original posting???????

Jackie

P.S. Please take time to read and understand the posting before replying. If you require further clarification please request it.:-).:-) .:-).:-).:-).:-).:-)

Reply to
Jackie

Err, did you search on line for reliability, customer service comparisons? I'd be pretty sure there are some out there.

I have no first-hand experience of them, but I have a suspicion that they've had some bad press.

Remember that they are 'purveyors' of energy. They have little responsibility for how that energy gets to you, which will be your local leccy company or transco (I think, I haven't been on gas for many years).

As a company, all they will actually be doing is to contract with you to supply energy at a certain cost. They will have to get your meter read periodically, send you a bill and collect your money. Reliability of supply ain't exactly their problem.

Sorry if that ain't quite the answer you were hoping for, but all they're doing as a company is acting as intermediaries for the energy, so it's really all about how reliable or troublesome their accounts people are.

Reply to
Wanderer

Hi I thought it was clear, I mean if 21% of their customers give them a thumbs down... then there are going to be plenty of horror stories.

Getting a company that will supply you leccy is more important than saving 5%, so the sensible aprpoach would be go with the well rated ones. Persumably.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton