Not exactly a double-glazing salesman

I have just removed a double glazed window that is in excellent condition and had a good home for it to go to - but the intended recipients have decided to move instead of completing their house upgrade. That means that I have the white frames and double glazed glass units hanging around. The large glass unit is 1.61m x 1.23m and the two small units 1.135m x

0.385m (from opening frames). All have a 20mm gap.

With the bulk and weight of the items I presume that it's only likely to be of interest to someone local to south Manchester but how/where would anyone advertise their availability? I don't want to give the items away considering their obvious value but for the same reason (+ matter of principle) I certainly don't want to dump them. Is there a trade in such things? Where?

Reply to
John Cartmell

Wouldn't it be betterto give it away than to dump it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You'll have a job giving them away - try a gardener - who might want them for cold frames

cheers

jacob

Reply to
jacob

If you don't mind giving them away but want to ensure they go to a good home then try freecycle

I recently managed to rehome some excess counter top through them.

Reply to
Seri

Probably. But I've given stuff away in the past and in general such gifts are not appreciated except by friends/family. Eg I've given computers to schools after checking them over and sorting out the software only to find them dumped in favour of inferior products - because the ones I provided were of no value (ie free). The price I'd charge would still make them a bargain; I've since had another look at them and founfd the date they were ordered - 26th Feb

2001.
Reply to
John Cartmell

It was to avoid such comment that I included the size of the glass units! ;-(

Reply to
John Cartmell

They are worthless to anybody who does not have need for windows of this size, which is likley to be a very small number of people. Cone to that, they are not very expensive new, if you shop in the right places.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

In message , John Cartmell writes