non cooperative radiator nut

Bit harsh old been...

happy new year to you also!

Reply to
John Rumm

Are you talking about a Stillson, or something smaller?

Bob Eager

Here

have one in my tool bag that was my Dads. Really useful in some situations with a 70mm capacity.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's the one! I lost mine (possibly inherited from my dad) and haven't been able to find anything as compact for large nuts.

I'll be ordering one after the hols.

Reply to
<me9

I'm not sure you can get them new anymore. Used ones pop up on Ebay now and again, making silly prices as they were used in quite a few

1950/60's car toolkits - some classic car nuts go mad for originality.
Reply to
Matt

Thankyou!

Whilst pretty certainly a wind-up, there was just an outside chance that someone may make incrementally adjustable spanners which I hadn't heard of.

I must admit to not having come across 'woosh' in a usenet context, having used usenet for many years - and Google/Wikipedia offer little help. Anyone care to enlighten me (and probably others!)?

But I do understand PLONK - and that's where Mr Lowe is going. I hope he feels happier after getting that diatribe off his chest!

Reply to
Roger Mills

The sound of a joke or something flying rapidly just over the top of your head :-)

In common useage, not restricted to usenet.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman