Noisy CH

I have had a new pump added recently and since then the CH system 'ticks' when the pump is on. It sounds like what I would expect from expanding pipes but stops quite quickly (seconds) if you switch off the pump by turning down the thermostat. The source of the noise does appear to be in the hot water cylinder but it is difficult to locate. The pump is located in the airing cupboard with the cylinder and the 3 way valve.

When you say "added" do you mean that this is an additional pump rather than a replacement for the previous one? If so, what is its function?
Does the noise continue all the time the pump is running - even when everything is fully warmed up?
Were any pipes disturbed when this pump was fitted - so that they could now be rubbing or pressing against something where they weren't previously?
--
Cheers,
Set Square