CH pump data?

Hi,

Our CH pump is described as a UPS 15/60 130 (its a grundfoss). What exactly does the data mean? also the term high or low head means...?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Having just looked at the spec sheet for mine, I assume it means that - on its highest speed setting it can support a flow of 15 gallons per hour or generate a pressure of 60 kPa - but not at the same time!

I've no idea about the 130.

I presume high or low head refers to 2 or more speed settings. Each speed setting has a different head vs flow curve.

Reply to
Set Square

The 130 refers to the distance between the inlet and outlet flanges, all normal modern domestic pumps are 130mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ah yes, I can see that now - the dimensioned drawing shows the flanges 65mm either side of the shaft centreline, so the number '130' doesn't actually appear, as such.

Incidentally, the 15/60 bit uses mixed units - kPa for pressure and gpm for flow - presumably because that yields the biggest numbers and sounds more impressive. [Bit like car makers quoting the power in PS 'cos it gives bigger numbers than BHP or kW!]

Reply to
Set Square