New Wiki article. a blue peter style project for you this time...

Here is one I built earlier (today)...

SWMBO decided his'n'hers bookcases would be good to reclaim space that used to be on the bedside tables. So having concocted, I thought I would take some photos of the wreck that resulted for your entertainment, or on the off chance you want to build something similar.

free to fix typos, translate into english etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , John Rumm writes

Reply to
fred

Actually, that reminds me of a Fairy advert from many years ago, which went something like this...

Little girl sitting watching Blue Peter, as they start to make whatever they're making that day. "You'll need a fiary liquid bottle..." "Mum, can I have the fiary liquid bottle?" "Sorry, it's not finished yet". The trouble with fairy is it goes on and on, way past other washing up liquids. Next day, "You'll need a fiary liquid bottle..." "Mum, can I have the fiary liquid bottle?" "Sorry, it's not finished yet". This carries on for several days. Eventually, Mum says "Fairy's finished!" Little girl sits down in front of the TV with the empty fairy liquid bottle... "Today, you'll need an empty yogurt carton"...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

the closest I can find.

Was Blue Peter more famous for the sticky backed plastic?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

You are spending waaaay to much time on Youtube . . . .

Keep them coming though :-D

Reply to
fred

Or, as mis-heard: sticklebacked plastic, so I went to the stream, caught the stickleback, made the model and it fell to pices, so I used Sellotape instead.

Reply to
PeterC

Well Youtube is not my most used video website:-)

And do you remember any of these

ARWadsworth

well, too.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Wouldn't happen in our house. We had the g daughters up last half term and the youngest and next doors youngest went through nearly a full bottle in that week. Pretend washing up.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

leading you down a road, thinking what the hell is this advertising.

Was it Shredded wheat that was made by Welgar? And when did Bovril cubes go out of existance?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
Bob Eager

Similar idea, except the one I recall would be much older - 1970s or 1980s. I searched, but I can't find it.

Yes. I recall buying it in Woolworths (although not for Blue Peter models). After Woolworths stopped doing it, they went bust (or maybe Blue Peter stopped using it?).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , ARWadsworth writes

a lass at school they called the girl from Del-Monte, never understood why . .

Reply to
fred

Nice job John. Haven't built anything like that for ages, must get back into doing so.

Like the idea of hole saws for the decorative cut outs - good thinking.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yup, I was not sure how well that would work, but was quite pleased with the result. Initially I was thinking about drawing out on a template, cutting, sanding smooth etc and then using it to route around - but it seems like rather too much faffing about for this particular job.

Reply to
John Rumm

Didn't you have any dirty dishes they could play with? ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And we had a girl called Martini at our school...

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Any time, any place, anywhere? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

That's her.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thats the company bicycle. Anyone could ride, any time, anywhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher