New wash basin not vertical

Hia all. A new wash basin and pedestal I'm about to fit doesn't stand vertical. The cause is the pedestal. So that when the basin is correctly sitting on top of the pedestal the back 'plate' is sloping away from the wall from bottom edge to top.

The pedestal requires a 10/11mm wedge under its front edge at floor level to bring the back plate flush to the wall.

Is there a suitable cement to work into the gap with the pedestal in situ? The bathroom floor is kronospan chipboard.

Or any other method?

Thanls.

Arthur.

Reply to
Arthur

Any epoxy resin or strong mix of cement will hold it 3 to 1 with some pva. A small wedge to hold it in place will suffice. Making a wedge to suit out of wood is a pointless lot of work. Why not send it back and get a perfect one?

If it's the floor that is the problem you could shave some of the pedestal off with a grinder.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Are your wall and floor square to each other, and horizontal/vertical? If so, you've got a duff pedestal and/or washbasin.

Rather than frigging about with wedges, chuck them back at your supplier, and get them replaced.

Reply to
Set Square

In message , Arthur writes

Why not just bed it onto mortar when you install it?

Reply to
chris French

I am inclined to the epoxy stuff from screwfix

its water proof characteristucs.

The 'wedge' will be about half inch thick at the front so I have to paint it to match the pedestal.

Arthur.

Reply to
Arthur