New Kitchen Electrics..

New kitchen in a rental property... It's a smallish kitchen - 2m x 3.8m.

Electrician has detailed one ring main for sockets at worktop height- all good.

He has also detailed a separate ring main at an under counter level for 13a sockets for W/M, built-in Fridge and Freezer. No worktop height isolators.

Consumer unit was installed about 5-6yrs ago and has one RCD serving ALL circuits.

Is this satisfactory??

Thanks All.

tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Seems reasonable, particularly if electric oven is on the under counter level. Worktop height isolators are not required, but I would suggest positioning the socket at the back of the ajacent cupboard so it can be unplugged without pulling out the appliance.

I always did exactly what you have here, with the under counter ring not RCD protected, for fridge, freezer, central heating, and other stationary appliances. Gets a bit harder to do this with 17th Ed, and if both circuits are on the same RCD, then one of the reasons for having two separate circuits is lost.

Having the whole property on a single 30mA RCD is not a good idea, but that was just as true 5-6yrs ago. (If it's a 100mA RCD, then the new sockets won't conform to current regs.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel