new kitchen doors for old 70s units - options? sources? costs?

old doors are standard widths, but seem 15mm shorter than anything seen so far :

Reply to
Jim K

I bought new kitchen doors from these people. All made to measure and very pleased with everything.

Andy Cap

I found it the other way round - new doors were the same height as my imperial? originals, but slightly wider.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

o far : is "custom made" the only real option here?

Could the doors just hang 15mm down below the base of the units? Presumably there's a plinth?

For the wall units, you could call it a concealed handle feature.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I replaced 80s MFI with current B&Q doors and drawer fronts. There was a slight discrepancy on the height, but I was able to lose it by dropping the drawer fronts slightly and exposing the bottom edge of the carcass a little more. Looks fine IMO The hinge positions weren't a problem either IIRC, although I forget the precise details.

Reply to
stuart noble

IKEA doors are 15mm shorter than most - 700mm rather than 715mm. Slightly limited range of widths, but those they do are standard.

andrew

Maybe.

I have had custom sized doors made up by my local laminate suppliers at prices *way* below any of the "replace your doors" firms that come up with a google search.

A set of 14 doors and drawer fronts from them cost around £120, several were custom sizes.

(Ipswich Plastics)

Reply to
tinnews

limited range of widths, but those they do are standard.

mmm quick look online and they (Faktum) say they are 860mm tall - does that include legs?

do they sell doors seperate?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

nope vintage worktop in amazing nick!

tho next issue is 865 matching wall unit doors! followed by (all) hinge positions not matching ;>((

aye a lovely shiny brown one : For the wall units, you could call it a concealed handle feature.

more of an "exposed contents" look!!

Reply to
Jim K

limited range of widths, but those they do are standard.

include legs?

ah wall units claim to be 700mm

tho still do they sell doors seperate?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I replaced my old MFI ("Schreiber") doors with custom-made doors from here:

needed a wide range of sizes and they did a very good job. There were a couple of cockups on grain direction and the machined edges on some "decor panels" but the faulty bits were quickly re-made and the fished result was great (well it passed the SWMBO test so that's good enough for me).

Best regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Real men make their own ;-)