New gas meter box damp proofing

In preparation for Transco moving my existing gas supply, I will be fitting a new outside cavity mounted meter box.

Inside the new box, there is a label which states that a 0.1mm >700mm wide plastic membrane must be fitted behind the box. While the fitting of the membrane should present no real problems, my question is what is the correct type of membrane to use?

Asking this question at my local builders merchants, one said use an offcut of ordinary damp proof membrane, while another said use some clear plastic sheeting.

Can anyone advise what would be the correct membrane to use, please?

Thanks in advance, Terry.

Reply to
Terry Thorne