Need a new SDS drill

HILTI TE76P-ATC cost over £600.

Reply to
Kaiser

Well, you started it - and *still* you can't give a straight answer. It's obvious why.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

No, you never had it, and still haven't. You're OK at some things, but not this.

OK, note that... "decent"...

So WTF do you continually imply it does, then?

It's one of the ones I mentiones, which are between 3.5J and 10J.

So, which one was it? Come on!

It might do, but that's not the one in my list! The one I included was a cheapie, less than £600. Must be gold-plated. What a POS!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

Thanks for accepting that John

No need for the attack John, especially as you are agreeing that you don't need scientific tests to reach a conclusion, which is all I was saying, makes a change for you to agree

Reply to
David

Yes, but which one has an electric motor and no gearbox ;-)

Reply to
Matt

Get British Gas in NOW. You are a danger to the neighbours.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can you tell us what he is OK at?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

,

Bertie, any time.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've never seen a hacksaw mentioned in the service manual of a boiler as a required tool.

Perhaps he means "service" in the biblical sense.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, you have been on the pop again. You will have to cut this out.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , Chris Bacon wrote: [snip]

[sigh] I've not.

You might take that up with Kaiser. I didn't say that.

Perhaps eventually it will get through to you that just quoting specs is a Drivel thing. That was the point of my original post. Maker's specs at the bottom end of the market are often just there to sell things to the gullible. 1000 watts *must* be better than 600 watts. Or whatever.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doesn't seem as though anyone's interested in the answer to this.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Boiler servicing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would be, but Mr. Plowman can't make an answer, after having said earlier the important figure is the impact energy, and going on about "decent drills" and power in/out. Never mind!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Yep, one every 18 years.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He never will. You to know them mentality of him...which is quite low.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Because it's a leading question?

Now if it was a list of drills with make and model, and their specs, it might be possible to judge which was best. Ie most efficient for the task and usage. And that would include such things as durability, weight, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Probably because Bacon is probably yet another, albeit slightly more subtle than normal, Dr Drivel clone.

Reply to
Matt

Oooh what a bitch!

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I think you are losing the plot a bit here :-) I've got a Metabo

cost close to £600 list when new, if you think your Aldi drill is even approaching the same quality, performance and life expectancy as this, then you are as barking as the Brass bush character.

-
Reply to
Mark