Moving Existing Mains Sockets

The two mains sockets in our bedroom are on the wrong wall for our layout. I intend to put new sockets on the correct wall by

A) Taking a spur of the two exisitng sockets. B) If they are already spurs just extending & moving them to a different wall.

From what I've read A is not Part-P notifiable but what about B?

TIA

Reply to
elziko

What on earth is 'Part-P'?

There is no reason why you should not do either of those ways to extend the sockets, just make absolutely sure the whole thing is left safe.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Only acceptable if they are not already spurred themselves (or you ensure the origin of the spur is protected by its own fuse).

Yup that is fine. If the cable joint is to be unaccessable (i.e. plastered over) it will need to be soldered or crimped.

Alterations to existing circuits not in "special locations" are outside part p.

Reply to
John Rumm

The vast majority of the work is going to be concealing cables and making good etc, so why not bite the bullet and extend the ring properly rather than thinking of spurs?

Don't think either is in a bedroom. But just do the job properly - by extending the ring - and ignore both like most sensible people do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)