Moving BT master socket, is this frowned upon?

Page 3 of 3
Which leads me onto... where can I get black 3 pair cable?
JW Hardy only has 2 pair in the telephone section.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:18:19 -0000, "Stephen Gilkes"

match as they don't appear to list it.
http://www.somtech.co.uk/voice_int-ext_cable.htm
Or Maplin list PB78K, but I think that's internal. I usually use internal grade cable, I haven't had any problems yet.
Put 'CW1308 external 3 pair' into www.google.co.uk and see what you come up with. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
I've found external grade 5 pair at: http://www.somtech.co.uk/voice_int-ext_cable.htm

The socket is not quite as you say it should be but I think the procedure is the same.
I have put a couple of pics of the socket on the web here:
http://www.gilkesy.co.uk/btsocket

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:37:36 -0000, "Stephen Gilkes"

extension wiring into the terminals you have there, 2,3&5 are the ones you need to use. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

NOT a good idea to share one twisted pair between the bell circuits of two separate lines - which is what you're suggesting! This is likely to result in cross-talk - and the other bells ringing when they ain't supposed to! Far better to use 4-pair cable, and to ignore the redundant half of each pair used for the bell (pin 3).
--
Cheers,
Set Square

extensions between patch panels and PBX's, never had that problem. Can't say I've seen it in smaller domestic situations either. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

If you don't mind crosstalk from the ring signal? I did that in the office as a quick temporary job. The cable is about 5m long and the crosstalk when the other line rings is quite loud.
One of the 2 lines that I am extending will be for my ADSL access.
Will having the filter connected to the extension socket affect my ADSL connection?