Moving a stopcock

Never done this before, but am reasonable at plumbing. Anything that I should be aware of when doing this?
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:50:54 +0000 (UTC), "Lamb"

Stopcocks sometimes (if not always) have an arrow on them indicating the direction of water flow, so make sure you get this right when repositioning.
If this is the mains stopcock to the property then you'll have to switch off the mains out in the road.
PoP
-----
My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk
I apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!