plumbing between street and stopcock

Hello all. couple of water pipe related questions. Who owns the bit of pipe between the street stopcock in the pavement and my stopcock? (about 3 or 4 meters). I have lead water pipes and I just wondered if i'll have to pay to replace the bit in my garden as well. I guess the new pipe will be this alkalene blue plastic stuff? Oh, another thing, water pipe enters house at front, stopcock is in my front room in a little cupboard thing, Is it inadvisable to put stopcock in my kitchen at the rear of ther house where the pipe goes to?

lots of plumbing to get done this year.

oh, how much is labour per day for a plumber in lancashire area?

Reply to
Fray Bentos

You do.

Contact your local water Co. some offer free replacement of a lead service pipe if you are also removing (have removed?) all the lead in the house.

Yes.

This is a Do It Yourself group... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The water board are responsible from their stop tap in the pavement to your boundary wall. So you will have to pay to have the supply installed from there

Reply to
ski

From the property line the pipe is yours. Put a full bore valve inside your house. If you can get down the side of the house go to the rear. Install

32mm pipe as it will reduce resrictions. The may connect to 25mm at the road stopcock.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

In message , ski writes

Not necessarily, Yorkshire Water have (or at least had) a scheme whereby if you replaced the pipe inside the house, they would replace the pipe outside, including through your garden.

Reply to
chris French

I had the water board (severn trent) to do this as they have an obligation (not sure if it is a legal or a social one)to replace lead pipes with plastic. The are meant to do this to reduce leakage. They came out and replaced from the road to my house, (about 8m) and it cost £500. I took 2 blokes a morning to do it, so I think it was reasonable value. They also upgraded from my streek stopcock to the main pipe in the road as well for free. They did virtually no digging, they used a mechanical "mole" to burrow through.

I did notice that the flow rate into the house went up from 9 liters/min to 19 l/m, so that made it even better value!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Is that not a tad expensive?