Moving A Gas Meter - Advice

Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

A total PITA basically - have a look back in the archives of this ng, someone else wanted to do it about 2-3 weeks ago, and it generated a long thread

David

Reply to
Lobster

It bloody expensive. They wanted so much I left mine in the new extension under desk. Rather awkward for the meter readers on the rare occasions they turn up :-)

Reply to
OldBill

I think it was more of a PITA finding who to contact than actually getting it done. ISTR it costs about 250-300

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks for the replies. Well that settles it then - have to work round it. I had guessed as much but thought I would ask to be on the safe side

Cheers

Tricky

Reply to
Tricky Dicky