Mouse scarer

Is there an effective one around? (She is not allowed to keep a cat.)

Our daughter is being plagued with them and has tried a Buy and Spew version and she tells me that it doesn't work.

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Mouse scarers don't work. There are traps (including the humane variety so that the mice can be released alive outdoors) and poison. The entry point should be found and blocked if possible.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Not even a teensy weensie wickel one?

Derek ^

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Knowing cats. I loved that myself :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It looks like that where she lives is the entry point for all the mice in her block :-(

She has tried to block all the entry points, but the mice are quicker at getting in, than she is at keeping them out :-(

Where does the local authority stand on this? Are they responsible for the environmental health issue here? Or is this the responsibility of the County?

Dave

ps many thanks for the help I have had so far.

Reply to
Dave

Get a nip trap and get rid of them, and the hundreds of thousands of their offspring forever!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

And they will be back in before you are, do not waste time and money with, so ccalled, humane traps, get something which will kill the buggers quickly.

Alan

and poison. The entry point

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Tell her to google for 'gerbils'...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Move out of the slum, scuzzbucket... Or tell daughter to wash once in a while... then the mice won't sniff her out. Or get daughter to shove a festerin' chunk o' cheese up her minge. Mice bites cheese.. you stab with rusty dagger repeatedly... BINGO! Get tha pictcha??

Juke

Reply to
Juke

The local council pest control department should supply free mouse poison and give advice on eradication.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Thanks for that info. It was very interesting.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Dave writes

Not allowed to keep a cat would tend to suggest rented accommodation or block of flats? Speak to the landlord or, if it's owned, then she needs to speak to the management company

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

They are maisonettes, so I will recommend that to her.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You could also burn your daughter's house down. That would do it. :-))

JB

Reply to
Jim Brintz