Mouse bait

I think we're going round in circles here!

In any case, as I've said in another post, we don't eat peanut butter and the mice had already shown a preference for (good quality Belgian) chocolate ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

I like the earlier suggestion of Nutella - I may try that next time.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Nope. I've found them remarkably adept at licking the trap "table" clean without springing it, even though they have a hair trigger. I found it helped to surround the trap with blocks to create a corridor giving them less space to work in, or two traps side-by-side.

Nonetheless, some of them almost got out of the trap in time, leaving them still alive caught on the cheek, and running aound with the trap attached. The first mystery was "where has the trap gone?"

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk

Melt chocolate, in an egg cup in hot water. When it's soft, smear it generously onto the bait hook thing, allow to cool, set trap. You can get two or three without replacing the bait. Sometimes they'll climb over the dead mouse to eat the chocolate, it encourages them to visit again when it has been replaced.

Reply to
Onetap

You think I haven't looked? A lot?

I live on a farm. I'm surrounded by hundreds of acres of food.

Reply to
Huge

I have a .410 ratting shotgun. The ammo boxes even have pictures of rats on them!

Reply to
Huge

Our cats probably leave 50 piles of mouse entrails a year on the floor. I thought it would slow down when the meadow next door turned into a housing estate, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. They don't seem to come into the house except when the cats bring them in though.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Adrian C