Motorlift Garage Door Opener

My Motorlift garage door opener seems to blow 40w bulbs frequently. I thought I'd found the reason - when the door closes the light stays on for 4.5 minutes, then automatically goes out. About 30 seconds before the end of this time the light flickers like mad - and a radio that I've got in the garage (nowhere near the opener) crackles badly.
Wrote to Chamberlain about this and got a reply back which said that I'm supposed to use a "40w rough service edison screw bulb". First reaction was "WTF?". Second reaction - where do I get these from.
Anyone else notice that the Motorlift bulb flickers during the final stage of its on time? I naturally assumed that the electronics may have been faulty.
PoP

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LARS40ES.html
The door opener will be subjected to much vibration, which massively shortens the life of the bulb. Flashing and flickering do not affect bulb life. I wouldn't be surprised if flickering extended bulb life because the filament never reaches full temperature...
Christian.
Most garage door companies sell these bulbs ,be prepared for a shock on price 2.75 is normal price.You may get them from a electrical wholesaler but it will be a box of 12 or more
On 13 Sep 2003 07:35:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net (Doordoc) wrote:

Sounds feasible. I'll check that out - thanks!
PoP