Mobility scooter anti-tip wheels

Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an alternative supplier of little wheels?

Steve

Something like this perhaps?

Throw away the ironmongery and just use the wheel. It's bigger than the original, though. Does that matter?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks for your response Roger but yes, they are far too big.

Reply to
Steve

Buy a couple of castors from toosatan and take the wheels out and use them?

Reply to
dennis

A lot of general purpose wheels will mark floors.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Driving a mobility scooter will mark floors, they collect grit from the road and it marks the floors.

Reply to
dennis

Select from here

Bob Minchin

Bob Minchin sir, you may just have won the prize! I'm sure there'll be something suitable there when I have a proper look, cheers :D

Reply to
Steve

To be honest we haven't encountered that problem. The two scooters are used on the road. The small one is also used in the house and the big one is garaged in the house. The floors are laminate.

Possibly it depends on whether the tyres pick up and retain grit.

My comment was based on my attempts over the years to avoid the high cost of manufacturer replacement wheels.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

But beware of black tyres and soft rubber tyres because they mark the floor. Bad enough in your own house but quite an embarrassment when the book club is at the white-carpeted home of the mardiest woman in town.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Being anti tip wheels will they actually be making contact with the floor in a household environment?

Reply to
alan_m