MK Sentry (old style) MCB

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry (circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not impressed.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

MK do a kit for mounting up to 3 current MCB's into an older Sentry CU (they say suitable for non-'s' suffix and non-'K' prefix CU's). Part number is 5567s. If you want to fit more than 3, then you also need a replacement busbar, part 5511s.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I think you may be able to get a conversion thingy to use a new one in an old box. Can on some models anyhow.

Reply to
simon beer

sort of thing Id expect to find on ebay!

Reply to
bigcat

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:22:10 GMT, "Peter Andrews" strung together this:

There's a fair chance I've got one amongst the three hooj boxfulls of MCB's that I've collected over the years.

Reply to
Lurch

Many thanks - that's just what I need. ...and the wholesaler specifically said that there wasn't a mod available, but did offer a deal on a new CU :-).

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Some of the larger B&Q's stock quite a few of the obscure MK CU accessories. I can't claim I've seen this specific item, but it might be worth a rummage through the shelves to see.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Peter I have a couple of LN5930 Type 2 if they are any good.

Dave

Reply to
dave