Mini-blowtorches (pencil shaped) suppliers?

Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price? I need about 50, for now. My local wholesaler is out of stock until march!

These are ones filled with butane gas and are hand held, for soldering etc.

Like this at Maplin...

of those "cooks" blow torches might be good too.

Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
Argentice

Try

selecting "pages from the UK", for "portasol gas soldering" - you'll find both end-user-sales and distributors in the search results.

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

and indeed, over at

's a *much* cheaper handheld butane miniflamethrower ;-) for 7 notes one-off, 5-and-three-quarter notes for 20+.

No, I don't get commission ;-)

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

I once bought three of these for a quid, from Maplin.

Given their _enormous_ unreliability, it wasn't a good deal. It explained why they were shifting them though.

I'd use some sort of candle instead, or else make my own gas burner

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well they are 10 UKP normally. I caught them mis-priced at 4.95 - buy 2 get 1 free. So I cleaned them out. Now, I normally I get them for about 1.50, but they are like hens teeth - bloody hard to find!

Rob

Reply to
Argentice

You should!

Not a bad price for a proper BT

I'm really after "cheap as chips" though ;-)

Cheers!

Reply to
Argentice

the valve when in use. Might have been a bad batch though, are they ok now?

Lee

Reply to
Lee