MILLENNIUM FALCON

This is sold in parts with a magazine, Anyone notice the ad on the TV for t he above the first issue is £2.99 I think, then it's £8.99 and lasts fo r 100 issues . assuming you need all 100 issues thats quite a price for this.

but then I came across this on ebay.

=UK

Well this is still DIY at a price.

Reply to
whisky-dave

the above the first issue is £2.99 I think, then it's £8.99 and lasts for 100 issues .

n=UK

slightly cheaper

con-10179-/181626623074

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Cheaper than this one...

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

You've only just noticed this "sales technique"? It's been going on for years in one form or another. Though 2.99 to 8.99 and 100 hundred issues is an extreme. Memory is telling me Issue 1 for 2.99, get issue 2 free, then 30ish @ 5.99.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I saw an article and evaluation of this one yesterday, but blowed if I can find it now.

Estimated total cost about £900 - it is quite big (30" or so). Not as detailed as complete kits can be but they are 4-5 times the price.

Publisher is rumoured to be trialling a 5 issue run before committing, but there's always a risk they'll give up later before it's finished.

Quality is OK (some metal parts, etc.) but not outstanding.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah, here it is:

Bob Eager

yes I know but this is rather an extreme example and aimed more at kids. They do the same with steam locs and cars but kids are less intrested in th em it's more adult toys and even then the cost for each is ualy under £10

0 per 'toy'.

Well as long as people know and to be fair they do state it in the ad. I also like observing the T&Cs of these online gaming sites that give you d ouble or triple bonus when you join. In some case you have to bet between 2

5X and 100X the bonus you get which means even the minium of £20 means yo u could need to bet 2000 quids worth in a month before you can withdraw any winnings. and even then not all bets count toiwards that total either.
Reply to
whisky-dave