Miele G645SC Dishwasher Problem

Maybe some debris in the plumbing is rattling around and blocking the tap.

Might be worth taking the tap off and checking it isn't blocked. If there is a copper bit still attached to the pipe and blocking the flow, just bend it out the way.

Or try running the DW on a hose connected elsewhere, if it's fine it probably is the tap.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Think I'd rather a Miele repairman than one from a store...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Miele repairmen are excellent. One came out and diagnosed the fault in our three year old top of the range fridge as loss of gas or a weak compressor, which he also was honest enough to say could only have arisen from a poorly soldered joint or some other manufacturing defect.

They've so far offered to waive 40% (presumably their profit margin) on the =A3770 repair quote. So much for the twenty year nonsense. Would be one thing if this was wear and tear, but where their own engineer says it must be a manufacturing defect, that is rubbish service. So far, their response to my letters of complaint has been the very adult approach of ignoring me.

My conclusion: Miele are full of high-class spiel, but fail to back it up with any real class when it might cost them.

Reply to
boltmail

Actually thats more or less how our Miele DID come.

Not the flaxen haired lederhosen, but anyway straight from the Miele depot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It could be marginal,. and something like you flushing a loo, or some other factor, causes it to go under pressure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've had the dishwasher outlet tap replaced. The self cutting tap that it had was crap and just had a trickle coming out of it.

The machine has been working since and i'm fairly confident now that it was due to low flow pressure from the tap. Apologies for besmerching the reputation of Miele if that is the case (lol).

Mind you, it would've helped if Miele support had've advised me to check the water pressure for the fault instead of me having to work it out for myself.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Don't know if you can blame them for that. Do they or could they justify an experienced field service tech the on the phone all day and in some instances doing remote over the phone diagnostics is a tad difficult especially when you'd assume that all would be well with the water supply, especially if the O/P told the support line that a pro installer had in this instance, done this......

Reply to
tony sayer

I'd say they have the right to expect it to be competently installed?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

For the error I had in the fault fixing part of the appliance manual it advised to check water flow in, clean all filters and check the pump. When I rang Miele I told them the error and what i'd done and at no time did they tell me to check the water pressure.

After doing a lot of looking around it turns out that the water pressure problem is another cause for the error. I think it's a shame they don't include it in the manual for one of the checks.

How is the average punter supposed to know what their water pressure is? Do you know exactly what BAR your water pressure is? Is it between 0.3 and 10?

Reply to
RedOnRed

I had a Miele dishawasher for 17 yrs and then the programmer packed up so we bought a G645SC last month. I realise it is a run out model so it is cheap and a replacement may not be possible, but with your 5yr guarantee, Miele will fix it properly. All goods have a bathtub curve of fault probability, so although it is tested before it leaves the factory, it can go wrong. I would get it fixed, despite wanting to reject it. If it really is a lemon, you will still have time to reject it later.

Ian

Reply to
Ian H

In article , RedOnRed writes

Haven't a clue!. But the Miele and Siemens work fine:))....

Reply to
tony sayer

You got a 5 year warranty on yours? That's a bit jammy! I've only got 2.

Reply to
RedOnRed

As you say this is an intermittant fault be careful when the Miele guy arrives. We have had a couple of cases where our washing machine stops and displays "----" but when the guy came out it wouldn't do it (predictable) and as it hadn't any errors logged they wanted to bill us. We argued and they sent us an apologie (thinking about it, the machine hasn't done this again since...)

The guy was really helpful and polite and we love the machines (we have wachine machine and dishwasher) but this annoyed us somewhat...

Would probably still buy another miele if I was looking to replace though - they are good bits of kit.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Here you go, print this and claim yours:

John Rumm

It says on "selected Miele washing machines and dishwashers". I've got a G645SC which isn't on the list.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Cheers John.

I've checked further and it's a G645SC Plus which is covered on the warranty PDF.

Thanks to you i'll be getting another 3 years on my warranty.

Many thanks for posting that. I wish I could e-mail you a drink!

Reply to
RedOnRed

;-) thought it might be

Oh, long cold one please!

I played the same game when I got mine. I noticed that they change the offer ever couple of months and exclude different machines. So when I ordered mine at a time the 5 year offer was on for the 645, I saved a copy of the PDF. Turned out to be handy since there was s delivery delay and by the time I got it delivered the deal had changed, and that model was then excluded. They had also taken away the links to the old PDF. The invoice had the transaction shown in the right month though so they still accepted it.

Reply to
John Rumm