Metal theft. The biters bit

Please don't top post.

Reply to
Huge

AAMOI, I have been in Albany and Parkhurst Prisons and spent two years in Camp Hill

Reply to
'Mike'

AAMOI, I have been in Albany and Parkhurst Prisons and spent two years in Camp Hill

Reply to
'Mike'

But would your treatment of them result in them being more inclined or less inclined to offend after they were released?

Because I have a strong feeling that the sort of treatment you would mete out to the inmates would result in making them angry, bitter, resentful and far more anti-social than when they went in.

Reply to
Cynic

Your strong feeling is wrong.

Have you ever 'actually' talked to a prisoner about a 'harder and more deterrent' sentence? Have you 'actually been inside' a prison?

Have a nice evening

Mike

Reply to
'Mike'

If one were to do that, what sort of response would be forthcoming, typically, in your experience?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Do you think your prison sentences were too easy?

What would you have changed about them to encourage you to not re-offend?

Reply to
Clive George

Very few indeed *want* to go to any prison. It is only a decent deterrent if there is the certainty of getting caught.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why do you babble about something yo know nothing about?

I've snipped a lot of confusing unrelated stuff, and amplify the accuracy of my above statement.

You'd better sort out who said what before you answer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Grey

Mike your halo has slipped again Please do not top post - bad nettiquet.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Grey

The problem with these 'modern' speed limits is that people think they are the "safe speed". When I learned to drive there were only 2 speed limits:

30 mph in 'built-up areas' and 20mph in Royal Parks. The driver was responsible for deciding on the safe speed for the conditions. "Nanny State" has stepped in and, possibly, made the situation worse since drivers now only look at the local limit and not at the road conditions.
Reply to
charles

So the answer is 'no'

OK

Reply to
'Mike'

What is your point?

Are you suggesting that if someone who **chooses** to break the law (and quite probably inflict serious grief and trauma upon the victim) should happen to die as a result of their **chosen** action, that might not necessarily be a bad thing?

Amongst the many thousands of new "you're not allowed to say this, think that" laws NuLabour introduced (Google Emma West), your views must contravene at least one of them.

Reply to
The Grey Man

Yes

Make them a deterrent

Reply to
'Mike'

Did the thought of going to prison not act as a deterrent to you when you did your crimes? Would you have acted differently if say the typical sentence had been hard labour?

Reply to
Clive George

Please post where I said "I" was a prisoner

Kind regards.

Reply to
'Mike'

Well, I did ask you if your prison sentences were too easy, and you did say yes. If you could learn to quote properly such confusions might not arise.

I'd hoped you might be able to offer some useful insight into why people offend and what's necessary to deter them, but it seems you can't.

Remember the tales of people pickpocketing in the crowds for the gallows? The death penalty wasn't a sufficient deterrent, why do you think other things will be?

Reply to
Clive George

Come back when you know what you are talking about.

Reply to
'Mike'

You claim to know what you're talking about : Why not share? Or is your knowledge limited to "harder sentences will deter them, common sense innit"?

Reply to
Clive George

In a nutshell, prison is not a deterrent.

If it was, why is the prison population the highest it has ever been?

Have you seen the inside of a prison? Not what they show on TV and what the 'tree huggers' and the 'do gooders' choose to show, but life inside?

Come back when you know what you are talking about. I get quite used to being attacked on urg. They have all cleared off in shame with their tails between their legs.

Kindest regards

Mike

Reply to
'Mike'