Metal skim bead upsetting paint

I've had some plastering done and on a chimnmey breast where paint is going over skim bead the paint is several shades lighter.

It was painted with white emulsion after the plaster dried but now we have painted a dark blue over it and after 2 coats the paint is still fading at the edges where the beading is.

What's the remedy for this?

Reply to
R D S

Remove the emulsion coats from the bead and prime it with a grey metal spray primer or oil-based primer; both of these will give a 'flat' finish suitable for over painting with emulsion.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero