makita saw

I've got a Makita 5903 circular saw with a 235mm (9.24") blade and I'd like to mount it upside down to convert it to a table saw.

Is there anything available which will enable me to do this or, if I decide to brew up a DIY version what are the possible pitfalls?

many thanks

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

The pitfalls might include not being able to do a Winston Churchill salute in the years ahead. Just upturning the saw isn't enough - you need to provide guards over the blade and so on.

You can now pick up a 10in table saw for around £60 - I've seen them recently on ebay. Whilst the quality probably isn't up to much I feel it would be a whole leap year ahead of upturning a circular saw.

PoP

PoP

Unless you are American. I presume they don't have fingers, as they don't need the guards/riving knives.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Not a good idea.

Amputation of fingers.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

.. or a Milan taxi driver. They are very good at doing hand signals while driving, normally involving just the middle finger of the left hand or the thumb and forefinger joined in a circle.

Hint: This latter hand signal does not indicate that things are good as it does in the UK.

This is all consistent. I've noticed that traffic lights in Milan tend to be a statement of policy rather than anything more specific.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm not so sure about that - if the hand is arranged as you describe, and is waved in an up/down motion then I usually take it to mean (and use it myself) something entirely different :)

YMMV.

PoP

PoP

No no, not the onanistic indicator. This one is the thumb and forefinger forming a circle and facing towards the other person. In the UK this usually means that something is good; in Italy you would be suggesting that the other person is akin to the place where the sun don't shine.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I guess it makes a difference if the thumb and forefinger form a circle, and the other fingers form a tube behind that - when waved up and down the other driver assumes the identity of IMM for a brief time :)

PoP

PoP