Makita HR3000C Needs Fixing

My trusty Makita HR3000C has finally packed in after 2 1/2 years of very hard use. The green light comes on when the trigger is pressed and I have checked the motor bushes and they seem fine, but the machine is otherwise dead. Has anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
-- Adam
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Has it got an overload microswitch somewhere that has tripped out? ( and wants resetting)
My Makita drill has . A very small yellow-green button on the side body.
Hi,
Search old uk.diy messages for "Bosch Router working intermittently" and read the full thread.
The principles for fault finding are broadly similar for electrical faults regardless whether the tool is a drill or a router. Hopefully it will help you when you open it up...
Let us know how you get on.
Alan.