Looking for tips on painting skirting boards.

"AL_n" wrote in news:XnsA4FAA9E12F3C3zzzzzz@

130.133.4.11:

Glad I kept it as I will use it again.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

We have just finished decorating most of the house. We have always used carpet shields. They are long, curved strips of plastic which can be worked between the skirting board and the carpet. We have had ours for years and had a lot of success with them.

AlanC

I just use slats from old venetian blinds.

Reply to
S Viemeister

+1

Best thing to use IMHO. Together with a dust sheet trapped under the outer edge. Probably worth getting enough to go right around the room as moving them with wet paint on can end up with paint where you don't want it. (from the ends and your fingers and anything you then touch). Remove before the paint has fully dried.

As for the OP's knees and kneeling. Either get a pair of work trousers with knee pad pockets (and pads!). Or a pack of that 10 mm thick 2 to 3' square "comfort flooring" and use one of those a kneeler, it really makes a big difference.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Last time I did this room, which is carpeted, I used cheap duck/duct-type tape, and forced it down into the gap between carpet and skirting with a wide cold chisel. Then some wide masking tape and a decent dust sheet. When finished, the tapes all came off without any problem at all. (I used decent water-based paint - might not be so good with oil-based - if still available.)

I've always found that ordinary masking tape doesn't stay in place on carpet.

Reply to
polygonum

Reply to
DICEGEORGE