Looking for data on diplomat fridge

Hello, we have bought this house together with a diplomat fridge freezer. Having surprisingly high energy bills, I am trying to get an idea of what the various electricals goods in the house contribute. I know about the washer, dryer and I also realise the dangers of standby and such. But the fridge-freezer is the big unknown. Does anybody have an idea as to where I could find some info on it? Google did not bring up much, no, nothing at all really. Fred

Reply to
Fred

Diplomat is, I believe, part of the MFI Group. Searching at

produces 87 results.

Some years ago my electricity consumption went up and that was eventually tracked to the chest freezer, where the control knob had broken and didn't show that it was permanantly on maximum.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Yup, Diplomat is the in-house brand name for MFI appliances. Generally naff. Look out for those power measuring gadgets that come up from time to time in places like Lidel or Tchibo. They cost about £7 For reference my new Siemens upright freezer used 93KWh over 780 hours. Thats like having a 122 watt load on constantly

Reply to
OldBill

Good stuff, thanks, Peter. My model has been discontinued of course, but I have asked their support for more information. Btw, it's a APM6826 50/50 built in fridge-freezer. Fred

Reply to
Fred

eventually

cust serv or the plate on the back will tell you what its meant to eat, but not what it actually does aet. Only a power meter or an ammeter and a timer will tell you that.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

True. Pretty unpractical to take out the built-in fridge-freezer with a family of four to feed anyhow. I get the point that rather than looking for data, I need to get a power meter. Fred

Reply to
Fred