Long life rechargable batteries @ Lidl - Thursday

I know some here have looked for similar. Plus they have C and D cells

- first time I've seen long life in the larger sizes.

£2.99/pack "These batteries are ready-to-use as soon as you remove them from their packaging and will hold their charge even after extended periods of time without use. This is due to their low self-discharge compared to regular rechargeable batteries. Choose from 4 x AAA 850mAh, 4 x AA 2100mAh, 2 x C 4000mAh, 2 x D 4500mAh or Block 200mAh"

Can recommend their remote sockets too. £15

"Set includes 2 socket adaptors with on/off function and 2 socket adaptors with dimmer function"

Reply to
Simon C

I see that they've also got some 3 watt LED-based spotlight bulbs with various fittings (looks like mixture of mains and 12v). Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what power of halogen spot would have an equivalent light output?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Hmm, missed those. 3000K - thats a nice warm colour [aiui?]. Will try some in place of some CFL 'spots' I've got in a confined space where I'm not happy to use conventional spots.

Reply to
Simon C

And another Q, are they dimmable? [Is that a word?]

Reply to
Simon C

I've been replacing CFL spots (Megaman) with LEDs from direct-led-supply on eBay. Very pleased so far. I'm using lamps with lots of LEDs. The R63

90 LED 4.7W ones have replaced 60 watt and the R50 60 LED ones the 40 watt. Light slightly too white in the latter perhaps, but in a study, so OK for reading.The R63 produce almost identical light to the CFLs and of course start instantly unlike the Megamans. So for four lamps I've dropped consumption from 240W to 44W and now 20W. Also the multiple LEDs produce much less shadow as the luminous surface is much wider. I'm going to experiment with the corncob type LED lamps to replace non-spots. I always buy one first to see if it looks good before getting a full set.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Who are "they"?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Which part of:

Long life rechargable batteries @ * LIDL * - Thursday ^^^^ do you not understand ...?

Reply to
Terry Casey

In article , Simon C writes

Did anyone spot the pic for the Honeywell Rondostat HR-20s just shows it bolted onto the side of a rad when it is just a TRV valve body actuator, it just doesn't work as they have pictured it.

Reply to
fred

FYI the sockets dont lose their memory when unplugged. An advantage over some others.

[so the book claims anyway]
Reply to
Simon C

Roger Mills wrote in news:8iou3mF2iqU1 @mid.individual.net:

I don't know about the halogen equivalent, but the regular old incandescent equivalent would be about 30 watts.

Al

Reply to
AL_n

I got two today, at 5.99 they're not actually muich of a bargain, but it does give a nice warm colour. 30W is pushing it, more like 25 maybe. Not dimmable btw.

Reply to
Simon C

The box says 25W it also says 60 lumens/watt.

They are very white (3000k) compared to a normal halogen but not much whiter than the daylight bulbs i have.

Reply to
dennis

Simon C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I looked in Lidl today and saw the bulbs you are referring to. It says on the packeging that they are equivalent to 25w of regular incandescent bulb. The usual rule of thumb for LEDs is that they glow about 10 times brighter than an incandescent bulb of the same wattage.

Yes, I agree, they are not much of a bargain. I bought mine on eBay and paid less, overall. I was careful to buy "warm white" as the "daylight white" seemed a tad too cold-looking for my purposes.

But you still made a good investment there. Not only are they around 10 times more efficient than incandescents, and twice as efficient as flourescents, they also last about 50 times longer than incandescent bulb! (Or so they claim!). I've replaced almost every bulb in my house with LEDs now.

Al

Reply to
AL_n