Loft Cistern for WC?

Hi Folks, Our new ensuite bathroom has moved from the "concept" stage to the next stage where I convince SWMBO that there's not enough room (nor enough money) for the hydrotherapy paradise she is expecting.

I've printed off the PDF file that shows the plan view of bathroom fittings, downloaded that graph paper program and printed an appropriate grid, then let her majesty play at sliding the shapes around the floorspace rectangle to reinforce my point that space is tight.

Present thought is to fit a back-to-the-wall loo but the reason for this posting is to enquire if anyone has installed the loo cistern in the loft space (for this upstairs ensuite) to save space? How do the controls to flush the loo work then?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mungo

P.S. On my tour of cyberspace I stumbled across these two URLs that have nothing to do with the question posed. Its just that I thought they may be useful for any other reader about to work on their bathroom:

Mungo

I have been giving the idea some thought. I looked at the bogs at work, there is an electronic flush sensor, so that would activate the flush some distance away. I then guess you need to run some big pipe down from the water tank to the bog itsself.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

air button flush (eg Grohe 37 762 etc)

or a long chain

Reply to
DJC

I'd use a thinner downpipe so the flush rate is about the same. Otherwise it'll splash out like niagara falls.

Cant you put the cistern in the ceiling void? Or possibly even a stud wall void, using a flush panel.

NT

Reply to
meow2222