lock for tap

Hi,
I've got an outdoor tap which the local kids enjoy turning on and leaving running. Up to now this hasn't been a problem, but I've just had a water meter fitted and now I'll have to pay for the water. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a lock which prevents a tap from being turned on without the key?
Thanks, Steve

try www.rswww.com part no. 422-668 or take off the handle! PJG

leaving
water
if
on
I've seen outside taps which have removable handles (or more specifically, they have a handle shaped 'key' to turn the water on - the key is probably just a square socket or something similar). No idea where to source them though.
Isolate it with some speedfit, then attach 13 amp plug and flex ;-)

leaving
water
if
on
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Also very handy when you wheel a heavy wheelie bin past, snapping the tap clean off, leaving a 20' jet of water coming out of the broken pipe end.
What me done that? I couldn't possibly comment...
--
Andrew Gabriel