Lidl Specials

Hi

Picked up an angle grinder stand today from Lidl £5:99. Superb. Better made that the one I saw at Axminster for £18 a while back.

I also picked up a pair of the DIY stands last time they were on offer @ £3:99 each. Really strong & well made, I've used them a lot.

Spotlights & portable workbench both look good as well, but I already have some.

Offers end Monday.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I bagged 4 x 750mm long ratchet clamps for £2.99 each

Reply to
.

I bought:

Wind-up LED torch - nice. Allen key set - quite nice. Set of electricians pliers - reasonable. Moving skates/lifting bar - joke item - it's going back. DIY stands - also in my opinion too insubstantial (won't stand a rocking motion from sawing a heavy timber etc) - also going back.

I guess it's horses for courses - the lifting/loading type stuff will only get heavyweight use from me - I really need to make my own rather than whine about lidl stuff.

The other stuff above is back-up tool kit or occassional use for me.

Reply to
dom

You'll be sorry. :-(

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Spouse went at opening time this morning and picked up three stands, two for a son and one for him, from a great stack in a bin. When he passed by a few minutes later there were three left ...

That's the trouble, there's no point in duplication for most things.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" contains these words:

Aldi had some height-adjustable stands the other day. I got a couple and they're very solid.

Reply to
Guy King

They also had five *G*clamps for 6GBP 2 large,2 medium and one small good value.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

They lose their grip after a short while ie wear&tear.

Got given two from last years lidl ones,I know why he give me them. :-(

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Well, they were cheap, certainly.

Reply to
Guy King

those were the mark ones, these are stamped 'new improved mark two'

anyway, I'll use them for the two jobs I have planned then I'll give them away to asome random numpty.

Reply to
.

Well i bought two boxes of em just for the bigger clamps, they are doing the job they where intended for. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Makro are doing a pair of substantial plastic fold away trestles. Good for 400kg loading. About £12 the pair IIRC.

Reply to
John Rumm

Did you pick up some of those 2100niMH AAA batteries up in aldi at 1.99GBP for 4?

My Olympus runs away with the normal 800nicads, these 2100's just sit there laughing at the flash. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Mine are very solid. I only saw heavy timber with a circular saw - no rocking motion :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

same here. I've had 4 since last year. very handy, no problems with them, either, but I did tighten the nuts and bolts correctly.

Reply to
.

...... again :o)

Reply to
Steve Walker

Not necessarily. I bought 4 of them at a discount store 2 years ago and use them for gluing up raised-panel doors. No problems.

Reply to
Bob Martin

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

The cheapies I've had wear rapidly so the slider just slides instead of gripping. The answer is to drill the bar and add a pin, like a sashcramp.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

I did - several sets. And the D-cells are nice in the big flashlight.

Reply to
Guy King