Lidl battery saw - first report

It seems to work O.K. albeit for a relatively short time.

Once the power is down a bit it also seems to struggle a bit more cutting stuff.

I have been chopping up some old 2" roof joists (some nailed together to double up to 4") into 450mm lengths for burning.

The good bits - light and easy to handle, cuts well when fully charged.

The medium bits:

any serious use and it runs out of poke after 10-15 minutes. I was gaining on my 3 batteries (two from the drill, one from the saw) and two chargers. As the battery runs down the cutting becomes a bit slower.

The red LED line guide is interesting but not visible on the work piece in sunlight.

The safety guard around the blade does not swing up on contact with the work piece - you need to use the little handle to part lift it so the saw blade can engage. I don't know if this is a design feature or a shortcoming. It makes steadying the work piece with one hand and cutting with the other a bit difficult.

For light work, especially in awkward places and away from the mains, this seems a good little tool.

Buy at least one spare battery.

I finished the job off with my old B&D mains saw.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

2" is pushing it I would think. I'm surprised you got even 10 minutes.
Reply to
Stuart Noble

This tends to be the case with any cordless tool. A drill is normally used in short bursts. Where one isn't - like core drilling - a cordless will soon run out of battery.

I'd say more so with a circular saw, which will quite often have to run for longish periods, like cutting sheet, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you think of it, no cordless tool is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The guard seems to work fine on mine, lifting as the saw comes into contact with the wood.

Agree with what you say here. I'd also suggest piping it up to a vacuum

- seems to chuck out a lot of dust.

Reply to
RJH